Friday, May 5, 2017

Paramore's "Misery Business" - A Sociological Analysis


Front stage and a back stage. When I heard of this, I thought of people who are always hiding their front stage with makeup. As a clear warning, I am not depreciating makeup in this post because I love wearing makeup, too. I am just referring to the girls who refuse to go out if they have no makeup on. That's a personal choice, but this video, "Misery Business" plays with this idea. In the video by Paramore, a high school girl walks through the hallways like a boss. She believes she is invincible by bullying and intimidating anyone in her sight. This continues until the last scene where Hayley Williams, the lead singer of Paramore wipes the makeup off her face. She breaks down, expressing humiliation and embarrassment. This is her back stage.  This is an example of how dramaturgy, a form of sociological analysis was expressed through a music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment