Friday, December 13, 2013

Narrative Critique of Scrubs

The inner monologue of ones mind is an intriguing thing. We are so used to hearing our own all the time, but what happens when we hear someone else’s thoughts? Specifically, what does the audience of the medical dark comedy show Scrubs learn and feel as the main character narrates his views on situations of life and death in the hospital? After watching “My Super Ego”, “My Lunch”, and “My Last Words”, three powerful episodes that involve the main character and his friends dealing with death, I learned that no one is invincible in the face of death and eventually the strongest people are broken down by what death brings. I chose to look at this text with a narrative critique for an analysis, because I often compare my experiences to those found in this narrative text I am analyzing and wanted to see what other people have thought about the way it directs our thoughts and what we learn from the narration of JD’s mind. Has JD's view of the show ever differed from the track of thought you were thinking when you watched episodes concerning serious life and death situations?

No comments:

Post a Comment